Click here to donate to Friends.
Contributions to Friends of the Global Fight Against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria directly support our educational and advocacy activities, which help engage and mobilize U.S. decision makers to support the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
Why should you give to Friends of the Global Fight?
- Friends leverages hundreds of millions of dollars for the Global Fund annually in the fight against HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria — diseases that kill millions of people each year.
- The Global Fund supports programs in more than 140 countries.
- The Global Fund provides more than 20 percent of global funding for HIV/AIDS, more than 50 percent of international financing for malaria, and more than 70 percent of international funding for tuberculosis.
The Global Fund has made significant progress in the fight against AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria. Its financial resources support programs that have:
- Provided HIV/AIDS treatment to more than 7.3 million people;
- Treated and detected 12.3 million cases of tuberculosis;
- Distributed more than 450 million insecticide-treated nets to help protect families from malaria; and
- Reached 2.7 million HIV-positive mothers with services to prevent transmission to their children.
The results to date are astonishing.
- Over the past 20 years, worldwide efforts have reduced tuberculosis deaths by 45 percent.
- In the past decade alone, HIV incidence fell by 38 percent and cases of malaria have dropped by 25 percent.
For more photos of Friends’ events and milestones, click here.
With continued support, we can be the generation to defeat these pandemics.
- We are at a global tipping point with the three diseases. Epidemiological models show that a transformative effect can be achieved while infection rates are in decline. Together we can save millions of lives, but only if the Global Fund receives significant support from the U.S. government and other donors.
- Friends of the Global Fight helped increase U.S. support for the Global Fund, from $435 million in Fiscal Year 2005 to $1.65 billion in Fiscal Year 2014.
Your contribution to Friends of the Global Fight helps leverage hundreds of millions of dollars to support the Global Fund.
- For every dollar the U.S. government contributes to the Global Fund, $2 must be contributed from other donors worldwide.
Stay connected with us!
Donors to Friends of the Global Fight receive the following and more:
- Regular updates from the field on Global Fund programs and results
- Friends on the Frontline, our quarterly e-newsletter, with stories of Global Fund successes
- Invitations to events with global health experts, advocates and thought leaders
- Invitations to webinars and phone conferences featuring Friends and Global Fund leadership
- Gifts are tax-deductible, as Friends is a nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code
Your support for Friends of the Global Fight helps to ensure our continued outreach and advocacy. Thank you!